A time for chocolate eggs and hot cross buns – but not for dogs!
Chocolate, while delicious, contains a substance called theobromine which is poisonous to dogs. Raisins in hot cross buns and other tasty Easter treats are toxic to dogs. Both can make your pet ill and can cause long term issues if not dealt with quickly.
Signs include: vomiting, diarrhoea, weakness and lethargy, tremors and in the long term – kidney problems.
If your dog eats chocolate or anything containing raisins, please call to book an appointment with us as soon as possible on 01442 833198, or call Vets Now Out-of-hours in Hemel Hempstead 01442 768 484. Please retain the packaging if possible so that we know exactly what has been ingested.
Be selfish this Easter, and keep all your goodies to yourself!