As the regional and national situation develops we are continuing to adapt our procedures to try and maximise everyone’s safety while still being able to treat your pets. The key points are:
- We are open.
- We are not restricted to ’emergencies only’ but we are also not ‘business as usual’. We will have to consider each case on its own merits to make sure we can offer the appointment. Apologies in advance if that means that we have to delay your appointment or if the reception team have to confirm with the vets before they make a booking.
- We have made some changes to procedures to reinforce our COVID-secure environment. For some of you these will be familiar from the Spring lockdown. Firstly, when you arrive, please park your car FACING THE BUILDING. We have to do a lot more communication at distance, and it really helps if you can see us! Then please ring the bell or phone us when you arrive rather than coming into the building. We will either signal to you, or come out when we can get you in safely, or we will ask you to wait in the car park while we take your animal inside. We will also ask you where possible to pre-pay for medicines/food and then to collect from a ‘drop-box’. These measures will help us maintain greater physical distance and reduce contacts.
- As previously, it is a legal requirement for clients to wear a face covering in the building and for staff to do so in many circumstances. We understand that some of you may have perfectly legitimate reasons why you are legally exempt from wearing a face covering. We do not expect you to tell us what the reason is and we will not ask. But for those who are not exempt, please be considerate and help us out by wearing one.
- We are fortunate to have the space to be able to continue to offer socially distanced consults in some cases. If you have any concerns about coming into the building then please just let us know as early as possible so that we can plan for how best to help you.
- For many appointments, in the current circumstances it is likely that we will conduct the consult by bringing your pet into the building while you wait outside, whilst still maintaining our usual high standards of patient care. We will let you know if we think this is practical when you arrive and may ask you to complete a form to ensure that we have any information we need. However, should you feel that there is something you would like to discuss with us in person or that your pet would be distressed without you then please let us know.
- If you have any COVID symptoms, or are isolating following a positive test, please do not come to the practice. We will do whatever we can to assist you remotely until such time as it is safe to see you in person.
As ever, the care of your pets remains our priority. If you need any help or advice just give us a call or drop us an email and we will help as best we can.
Thanks from all the Hope Vets team.